Monday, December 28, 2009

Even more bunny vets

Please include the following:
USA, Minnesota,Duluth, Dougherty Vet Clinic
http://doughertyveterinary.co
I found Dr. Jeanetta on Rabbit.org as she is the only vet in my area that is recommended by Minnesota House Rabbit Society. She is very good with both of my rabbits and did a beautiful job on my little Hershey’s neuter. She went out of her way to take the time to return my call and talk to me for 10-15 minutes to patiently answer my worried questions pre-surgery. I have coworkers who go to her with their rabbits too and other pets and they absolutely love her. :) and

PA
Philadelphia Suburbs: King of Prussia / Devon / Wayne
Radnor Veterinary Hospital, http://www.radnorvet.com
Dr. Leonard Donato, who specializes in exotics is one of two bunny vets at the practice and has his own bun at home; Dr. Meghan McGrath handles the de-sexing on rabbits. The receptionist, Rachael is a volunteer at the Se PA/DE HRS and has 7 buns at home.

MD
Laurel
Lakeside Veterinary Clinic, http://www.lakesidevc.com/ Dr. Jeffrey L. Rhody

I have 2 dwarf bunnies and we found the greatest Vet in Laurel, MD. It’s a 45 min drive, but well worth it. Dr. Rhody treats my babies like the adored companions they are. I’ve had some not-so-nice encounters with other vets that treat bunnies like second -class citizens so I’m very greatful to have found such a well-informed and loving Doctor for the children.

NY, Huntington, Island Exotic Veterinary Care , Dr. Heidi Hoefer Dr. Cheryl Pfeffer, Owasso, OK 918-274-8387 -

Small Animal Hospital of Owasso on 86th
She specializes in exotics…..birds, reptiles, rats, etc., and of course, bunnies. She’s very good - takes care of all my bunnies. I confess - she’s also my daughter-in-law, but I still would take my bunnies to her, even if we weren’t related!

And our ravelry.com bunny folk have added even more vets!

Ohio
Bigger Road Animal Clinic in Dayton, Ohio
Far Hills Animal Clinic in Centerville, Ohio Dr. Emily Coatney-Smith. Both hospitals are great. I worked for Dr. Emily for several years and she is wonderful. She specializes in small animals, including rabbits. I forget the Dr’s name at the Bigger Road Animal Clinc, but he got me and my Spice thru a serious fly-strike and the following stasis.

IL
Westchester, 60154
Midwest Bird and Exotic Animal Hospital
1923 S. Manheim Road
Dr. Susan Brown

Arizona
Tempe, AZ 85284
655 West Warner Road
(480) 598-3669
Dr. Donald Holmes
Pecan Grove Veterinary Hospital



Virginia

Eastern Exotic Veterinary Center
4001 Legato Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22033 USA
Tel: 703.654.3100 | Fax: 703.654.3109
http://www.easternexoticvet.com/
Dr. Carole Richards, ** 24 hour emergency staff are available at this clinic **

Texas
Dr. Natalie Antinoff
Dr. Sue Chen
Gulf Coast Avian and Exotics
1111 West Loop S # 110
Houston, TX 77027 -9055
(713) 693-1133

No comments: