Monday, February 25, 2008

The Bunny Joy List

First on my list of the joy of living with a house rabbit is our bun is a wonderful knitting companion.

For winter I'd moved a wood adirondack chair into the kitchen so 'The Polkster' oops Her Royal Highness the Empress Polka- (HRHEP) and I could bond comfortably. As cold weather settled into this draughty room of the house, the chair was piled with cushions and old woolen sweaters to provide a comfortable nest. And there we'd bond and knit.

Little did I know savvy human that I am that when thinking humans are not looking HRHEP uses the chair as a jumping off point to explore the top of her crate, the kitchen counters and most recently the angle of the chair back for a precipitous self-propelled toboggan ride.

Although joy #1 for the human is knitting companionship and joy #1 for the rabbit is gymnastics; I've been concerned the bun will injure herself. So enter the trusty x-pen! There a several makes and models of x-pens out there appropriate for rabbits and in a range of prices. We ordered ours (actually two) from RabbitStop.com Checking the website today I noted the xpen (playpen) is on sale- perhaps joy #1 for the person thinking of getting a rabbit-- for us the joy has passed.

So what's your joy #1?

No comments: